Welcome to our 96th mmo podcast at mmoSmacktalk.com! Miguel-hate-mmos joins the cast again in a NSFW episode, covering topics from Tribes Ascend, Guild Wars 2, Darkfall, and Mortal Online.
*** Correction to the cast — At one point I said I am a “glass half full” guy. What I meant, is that I see things as “glass half EMPTY”. So when I explain why I’m “half full”, replace those words with “half empty”.
DISCLAIMER: This cast may induce nausea, vomiting, and prolonged erections. Listener discretion is advised.
- About this better-than-Cialis mmo podcast:
- Over 2 hours of misc mmo commentary.
- Miguel on ArcheAge, Tribes Ascend, Diablo 3.
- Misc: movies, armchair psychology, steroids, lasiks (everything an mmo podcast should be).
- “The End Game” as it relates to “theme-park” mmos (fixed).
- Birth of a new phrase: “Robin Hooded”.
- Mike tries to bullshit us with his thoughts on Darkfall Online.
- Miguelito’s blogged thoughts on Mortal Online.
LISTEN NOW or Download:
Brief, ineloquent, and unedited thoughts on the current value of Mortal Online:
MO, in its current state is NOT worth the $30 purchase prices and the $15 monthly fee. In fact, I think this is an insult to ask any gamer to pay these rates for what is literally a beta. Look, most games have bugs and issues, and I wouldn’t say they’re in a beta phase. Realistically beta is a phase of testing labeled by developers, so by rights, a dev team can technically put out the biggest heap of shit and label it final release it. When I say MO is a beta, what I mean by that is that they released what would be by most standards a fucking beta. Personally, given the scope of ideas they are trying to accomplish, I’m absolutely cool with that; however, when they ask for the kind of money that they do, THAT is what becomes insulting.
At MO’s current stage of development I MIGHT be willing to pay ONLY the $15/monthly, and I’d more likely pay and play for $10/mo; and at $5/mo… that’d be a easy kill… I’d be all over that.
Upcoming MMO PODCASTS
Game Discussion and Analysis:
- Darkfall Online (DFO): open pvp, full loot, loads of asses to kick.